Rediculousness

Underneath the Mango Tree

Sunday, October 16

It's been a few days since my last post and as always crazy, insane things have happened. On Saturday morning I decided it was time to shed my hair that was fast approaching a fro. I mean I love my hair long and all but it's not so practical when my shower every day consists of some hopefully hot water in a bucket.

Anyway I wandered down to my neighborhood barber under the tree beside the round about and had a haircut and a massage for about $1. The massage was more like being beaten in a burlap sack and the hair cut is a little uneven but all in all I'd say I got my moneys worth.

So on Saturday night we had a smokin party at what has come to be known as The 5 Seasons 36. The floor was littered with sleeping bodies in the morning when the jeeps showed up to take us to kasauli. With no sleep we stumbled out and asked the driver to stop at the first wine and beer stand because that was the only way we were going to make it through the day. After some nice talks with the air force who wouldn't let us see a temple because we didn't have our visas with us, our drivers left us at the top of a hill for about an hour. It was just enough time to catch a nap before momos and absolutely tasteless Indian food for lunch. And trust me you have to work hard to make Indian food tasteless.

We went to watch the sun set with a bottle of whiskey and ran into a celebration with people dressed up and acting out a hindu story. The whole thing because like a bacardi commercial with dancin in the street with a tiger, a bunch of kids, the monkey king and a guy all painted in blue. We held up the whole parade because the monkey king and his army wanted pictures with us so we had to stop by the Kodak store for a group shot. The party kept going all the way back to Chandigarh in our jeep before winding down over chapatti and channa masala at Kumars Restaurant.
nicholas, 10:38 PM

1 Comments:

A little rub and tug in a burlap sack? That burlap must have burned against bare skin...
Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:21 PM  

Add a comment