Rediculousness

Chai Talk - It's Not You, It's Me

Wednesday, March 1

On my last night in India I had my last chai in the country that, for me at least, invented it. It was a sweet chai with a nice mix of ginger and cardamon with was surprising from a street stand in front of the Vivek Hotel. It left me refreshed and talkative with memories floating through my head. As I talked with the chai guy and a few other people who inevitably stopped to chat I couldn't stop thinking about India and all the times we had together. We started out on the wrong foot I think with her leading me to rip off travel agents in Delhi and then throwing me into the middle of nowhere of Mohali with no furniture and no hot water. The first month while we got acquainted we were constantly fighting leaving me sick more than once.

Once we got better acquainted though our relationship began to blossom. I learned how to argue, fight and bargain with her to come out on top. She took me out partying with all my fiends and introduced us to the local police and liquor store owners and ensured that a night with her was never boring.

Traveling with her was always a highlight and it never ceased to be an adventure. The week in Leh was beautiful and amazing while the 37 hour trip to and from Pushkar to see the camel fair for 24 hours was a test of stamina but rewarding. In the end it was a somewhat abusive relationship with marks left mostly on me because she's too big to notice when I got mad at her. I saw amazing things and it was everything; good, bad, painful, relaxing, stressful and fun but in the end I think it's the good things I'll remember most like the people that she brought together and the unbelievable experiences she makes possible.

As I rode through the streets of Delhi towards the airport I couldn't get John Denver, "I'm leavin on a jet plane" out of my head. It is strange to be in Hong Kong because India is so different from other women. The rest seem so foreign now compared to her but at the same time a little more gentle. Really though it's not you, it's me and while it's good to be leaving on a jet plane, I don't know when I'll be back again but I know there will be a day when I'm ready for more of your abusive lovin.

I couldn't sleep the night before I met India and she kept me up most of our last night together. Thanks India, for the good times and the bad and let's just call what we have is an open, nontraditional relationship. Call if you ever need to talk.
nicholas, 7:10 PM

5 Comments:

awwwww Nicholas that's so cute, almost brings a tear to my eye & makes me miss India too...but thwn I realise I'm still here enjoying the abusive lovin!
Blogger Jean, at 11:03 PM  
Can an arranged marriage be set up?
Blogger kent, at 9:57 AM  
howz kowloon?
Blogger 30.45 N,76.48 E, at 4:40 AM  
Uhhh,
What happened to Mads?
Blogger Cruel Intentions, at 12:36 AM  
Hey as an Indian, dis made for some really pleasent reading, awesome post.
Blogger Peace., at 9:48 PM  

Add a comment