Rediculousness

The United States of Big Cars and Bad Chocolate

Monday, April 3


So I've been in Seattle for a couple of weeks now and while I have to say this is a very Canadian American city there are little differences that pop up now and then. Chocolate is a particularity evil difference between Canada and the US. I always wondered why when we went to visit my family in the US we always brought boxes of chocolate from Canada. It's not like you can't get most of the same brands; kitkat, Snickers ... however the exact same chocolate bar in the States will taste like crap. I'll define crap more precisely as waxy, crunch and generally not very chocolate like. Apparently this is because in Canada the legal amount of cocoa that must be in chocolate is higher than in the US so American chocolate bars actually have less chocolate in them than Canadian ones. I was rudely reminded of this yesterday when I bought a Snickers bar that might as well have been coated in wax rather than chocolate. Now I can't claim that Canadians don't also drive big cars especially being from Alberta where the car of choice is generally trucks that make driving down the highway feel more like you somehow ended up in the middle of a monster truck rally. However Americans still love their big cars and these commercials made by someone for a contest hosted on the GM website were shown to me at a party the other night where I drank way to much red wine. Check it out before they get taken down.

[Ok they took them down but I found some that are up still
One Two Three Four Five Six

and if you go here: http://www.chevyapprentice.com/apprentice.php

you can make your own. Haha, I love it and even though Chevy says they meant to do it, hmmm hard to belive. but at the risk of being a marketing vehicle for Chevy I'm posting the link because it's a great chance to vent SUV frustrations.]

Mmmm it's nice to have wine again and my brother reminded me of just how nice food can be by taking me out to a tapas bar on the weekend for mint marinated scallops, beef serlion with truffle oil and a bottle of Spanish red! I might never leave Seattle to get a job.
nicholas, 3:46 PM

5 Comments:

Would you get your a$$ to calgary already.
Blogger kent, at 9:42 PM  
we love our sountry for absolutely no legal limits, whether food ingredients or road speeds

!!!
Blogger 30.45 N,76.48 E, at 11:35 PM  
No legal limits are great. I've noticed that American television is really stressing their legal limits with pretty much every show killing terrorists or catching drug dealers. It makes me feel so safe!
Blogger nicholas, at 11:18 AM  
yeah keep the terror off the road and on the tele
Blogger 30.45 N,76.48 E, at 3:57 AM  
hah! i saw one of those commercials on John Stewart I think.

enjoy your time off babe!

kasia
Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:03 AM  

Add a comment