Rediculousness

Why was I not Born a Pirate?

Sunday, April 9

Last night over wine, my Mom's peach pie and port my brother and I lamented once again upon fact that we were not pirates. Maybe it's a family thing because my Dad then told us about a pirate show that was his favorite when he was a kid. There is something about pirates (and super hero's) that make everyone want to be them. When I was a kid I wanted to be a fireman, not a pirate, but for some reason lately I've been thinking the pirates life is for me. Not so much the rape and plunder but the parties and treasure and maybe a parrot. I'm drawing up a business plan for a joint venture with my brother and a friend of mine who also wants to be a pirate. We'll buy a sugar cane plantation in Jamaica, make rum and try to break into the pirating business.

Let me know if you want to join us or have a pirate ship we could "borrow".
nicholas, 3:09 PM

6 Comments:

count me in
Blogger 30.45 N,76.48 E, at 1:19 AM  
wow, i want to do it...that sounds tropical and its my chance to get out from india...i cant imagine a prirate in here...
Blogger ignacio, at 1:27 AM  
dude, there are tons of ships out here i could 'borrow' for us.
will be good
Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:39 PM  
listen...i'll come be a part of this, but i don't want a peg leg or a beard. and we need to plunder some soap as well. and some veggies so we don't get scurvey. and could it basically just be a yacht? and no storms. and let's just have a lot of money to begin with so we don't have to hurt anyone!!

kasia
Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:01 AM  
Sounds like the cast of Pirates of the Carribean.

Hey Nick, I'll be back in Grand Forks probably on May 1st or 2nd (depends on the hockey schedule). I will then be in Kelowna on May 9th and 10th before I fly to Ontario. Are you gonna be around?
Blogger kent, at 12:25 AM  
I always wanted to be a pirate! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH! I envy you so much!
Blogger Vladan, at 10:28 AM  

Add a comment