Rediculousness

Stephen Colbert - The gutsiest fake reporter alive?

Wednesday, May 3


I don't normally watch the annual White House Press Dinner where the press and current administration sit around and make little pat on the back jokes about each other. For one thing I don't think we get C-Span in Canada and for another, if we did I would delete the channel from the TV. But when I heard that Stephen Colbert of the Colbert Report was giving the closing speech I had to find a copy of it. Lucky for me the internet is around and it's already posted all over.

If you've ever seen the Colbert report he does pretty much the same thing he always does pretending to be a crazed right wing interviewer (you might recognized his style from Fox News) only this time Bush is two seats over and the generals he is mocking are in the room. It's priceless. The uncomfortable silences after cutting down pretty much everyone in the room from the press to the President are the thing of legend and I hope it will go down in history as one of the gutsiest and greatest displays of political comedy. I seriously was waiting for a secret service person to shoot him. Check it out and remember, I'm not an American so it's ok for me to questions their government.

Video - http://movies.crooksandliars.com/WH-Dinner-Colbert.wmv
Torrent (this is the whole thing, the last 20 min are Colbert) - http://www.mininova.org/tor/296239

Everybody asks for personnel changes. So the White House has personnel changes. Then you [the liberal press] write, "Oh, they're just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic." First of all, that is a terrible metaphor. This administration is not sinking. This administration is soaring. If anything, they are rearranging the deck chairs on the Hindenburg!
nicholas, 4:46 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment