Rediculousness

Oh Edmonton, I missed the chaos you bring me

Monday, June 19

Returning to Edmonton was like falling back into the strange and only slightly different world I left a year ago. Most of my friends were here and thanks especially to those who drove to Edmonton, it was a great weekend. As soon as I got off the plane I knew it was going to be good with three friends meeting me at the airport we navigated around the police barricades and oilers fans to get a beer. That's how the long weekend started. From there it steadily descended into the chaos that once was my usual life in Edmonton. First was a diner party (balsamic sesame crusted salmon, dill fries, and Sando's pear salad) which led to a competitive round of Cranium before going to Halo where we dances, got pepper sprayed and then danced some more.

Before I could even recover we were off to the Pride parade on Saturday which ended in the beer garden in Churchill square. While the music was pretty sad, the drag queens and beer tents made up for it and before I knew it we had missed the first period of the hockey game. After that killer game (Go Edmonton!) it was off to one of the most interesting places you are likely to visit in the world, a place where small town charm meets big city eyeliner, The Roost. The bar was hoping for pride and I ran into lots of old friends between dancing to 80's and trying to escape the human created humidity on the patio. As usually happens, the night didn't end there. There was a 4 am stop at Dennys with the most surly waitress I've ever seen followed by me limping around in bare feet trying to catch a cab home before the sun came up any further.

I know there were lots of blanks in that convoluted story but they're for you to fill in as you see fit. Thanks for the good times back in Edmonton, now to get a job!
nicholas, 9:45 AM

3 Comments:

where small town charm meets big city eyeliner

brilliant line!

kash
Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:36 PM  
Oh, wow. That is some legendary material.

Just so you know, Samantha will be in town from July 10-15 (Mon-Sat), so you should aim to be here around that time. She has recommended a chicken tikka/indian beer fest in my backyard. I know you won't have any problems with that.
Blogger kent, at 8:59 PM  
Ahaa, sanity returns
Blogger 30.45 N,76.48 E, at 7:09 AM  

Add a comment