Rediculousness

The Stars Are Talking to Me

Sunday, October 15

I don't really believe in horoscopes but I do like to read them because I think they're kinda fun and sometimes are just vague enough to be applicable to life.

This one was mine in Vue Weekly this week and I like it so I've decided it's true. Being a horoscope skeptic allows me to pick and choose which ones I believe. It's handy, you should try it.

Sagittarius
The phase you're entering may prove to be ridiculously confounding - ridiculous both in the sense of absurdly extreme and very funny. Yet the immediate future also promises to provide you with unprecedented opportunities to outgrow limitations you may have imagined were permanent. To honor this synergistic blend of slapstick confusion and juicy potential, I'm offering you two pieces of advise. The first is from Eleanor Roosevelt. "You must do the thing you think you cannot do." The second is from Edward Teller; "When you get to the end of all the light you know it's time to step into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing that one of two things shall happen: either you will be given something solid to stand on, or you will be taught how to fly."

While I would prefer the last line was, "either you will be given something solid to stand on, or you will learn how to fly" it's still pretty good and I'll take it for this week.
nicholas, 8:11 PM

3 Comments:

A "synergistic blend of slapstick confusion and juicy potential" sounds like the first time I tried to do s&m.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:31 PM  
Funny, I was thinking more that it's like my current life and employment situation but S&M would probably be a similar situation I guess :)
Blogger nicholas, at 9:13 PM  
Ha ha! I have to agree with J on this one... perhaps your life is just one big s&m game with yourself, Nicholas. Fun fun!
Blogger Lightfooted, at 4:26 AM  

Add a comment