Rediculousness

London Calling

Friday, November 17

A couple of weeks ago I found out I had a new job in Toronto and I'd be leaving the service industry, Edmonton and my current life of living out of a suitcase in a friends condo all in the past. Now I'm not one to sit back and relax so I quickly gave my notice at my jobs and bought a ticket to London to see someone I needed to see and have a little vacation before two weeks a year becomes a reality of corporate life for me.

As my mom said,

And, here I had been thinking that after your solo adventures in Indonesia, northern China and India that this trip would be so very tame and civilized for you! Silly me! Amazing that you found a way to spice it up a bit!


Apparently a damaged passport, in between jobs, an electronic ticket and going to visit a girl friend is pretty suspicious. Imagine that. But after hours of waiting, them calling my new company, interrogating and freaking my airport pickup we finally got out of there with just a bag search and a few smiles that eventually became laughs. Eventually!

All good now though. A little rain, the grey that is apparently a London winter and no end of great times. It's only been a day and a half but feels like I've been here forever.
nicholas, 7:31 AM

1 Comments:

hi nicholas!!

I am going to come out tonight.

I wish you all the best, and hopefully, a couple of us will live in the same place next year.

but, boo hoo anyways.

kasia
Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:41 PM  

Add a comment