Rediculousness

Random Things that are Awesome

Friday, March 23

I was trying to think of a Thursday review for this week and it was just too difficult to find one thing to review out of my life recently so I've decided to take a decidedly optimistic stance to counter some kinda sad things going on these day and tell you about a few awesome things I discovered recently.

1. The Teenagers remix of Au Revoir Simone's Fallen Snow

I heard this, loved it and proceeded to buy Au Revoir Simone's cd, Verses of Comfort, Assurance & Salvation and then hunted the internet for more of The Teenagers who are more than entertaining in their own right. Search out their song homecoming for a little ridiculousness in your head.

Possibly still downloadable here: http://gvsbchris.com/Fallen%20Snow%20(Teenagers%20remix).mp3
http://www.summerloversunlimited.com/mp3/homecoming.mp3

2. Excel Spread Sheets
Yeah, super geek I know but I'm on a new project at work and crunching through data like crazy. Excel drives me nuts but seriously what did people do before it?

3. The Wind That Shakes The Barley

While I was a little disappointed in this movie it is pretty thought provoking and worth watching just to get some history on Ireland and a fantastic inside look of what it must be like trying to form a country out of a resistance movement. There are some great scenes of debate that force you to think about which shade of grey you'd be willing to stand up and fight for.
nicholas, 4:54 PM

4 Comments:

What did people do before Excel? They probably wrote Perl scripts. I still have my abusive relationship with Perl.

I'll have to check out that film. The hot (but scary) evil guy from "Batman Begins" is in it!
Blogger Jeremy, at 12:26 PM  
i feel less and less intellectual every time i read yours or jeremy's blog. if i made a list of awesome things it would include :

1. home made ice cream cakes (i WON the cake baking contest)

2. 4 day weekends

3. raspeberry gingerale

4. fountain pop

5. squash

talk to you soon i hope,
jill
Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:17 PM  
Abacus?
Blogger 30.45 N,76.48 E, at 5:09 AM  
I love how you've trademarked your own spelling of "rediculousness."
Blogger kent, at 12:00 PM  

Add a comment