Rediculousness

Music Post

Friday, July 13

It's been awhile since I've done an all out music post and it's about time I get on it. Here are some great artists that I wanted to share.

Rossie Thomas
I'd not heard of Rosie Thomas before but somewhere I read that she was collaborating with Sufjan Stevens and I had to check it out further. Her new cd, These Friends of Mine, was apparently recorded in Sufjan's apartment and it is great for a rainy day inside as it was here last weekend. With covers of The One I Love and Song Bird that will make you melt this is a great cd if a little heart breaking.

Rosie Thomas - 'Much Farther to Go' (MP3)


Hello Saferide

Hailing from Sweden where there seems to be a never ending supply of indie-pop talent these days, Hello Saferide is a great summer band. I must confess I've only heard a few songs because I can't seem to track down a cd anywhere but I like what I've heard. They remind me allot of the Australian band, The Waifs who are also great and hit the Canadian folk circuit most summers. Search them out and hope that it will be up on iTunes before the summer ends.

Hello Saferide - Highschool Stalker (MP3)

The National

Everyone and their goldfish has written about The National and their very, very, very good cd, Boxer so I won't. However I will point you in the direction of something interesting. Daytrotter, a great site that brings in a new band every week and does a 4 song stripped down recording session with them has a few songs from The National up this week. Among them is a cover of Pretty in Pink that is work getting your ears on.

The National - Pretty in Pink (MP3)

New Buffalo
New Buffalo put out The Last Beautiful Day in 2004 I believe and I've been meaning to get a copy of it for a couple years now. I stumbled across it on Zunior, a great place to download legal MP3s. They have lots of Canadian acts on available... Anyway, I'm glad I finally got this cd because it's a great listen. Very quirky and whimsical. New Buffalo has a new cd, Somewhere Anywhere coming out in North America soon so I'll be watching for it.

New Buffalo - I’ve Got You and You’ve Got Me (Song of Contentment) (MP3)


Los Campesinos
I heard a couple of singles from this Welsh band a few months back and they are infectious. I remember sending one to a friend when she had a bad day because that's the kind of music it is. Their EP Sticking Fingers Into Sockets is available from one of my favorite labels, Arts&Crafts. You must download this song and play so loud that all the neighbors start dancing, or you know, whatever it is they do.
Los Campesinos! - You! Me! Dancing!
nicholas, 12:26 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment