Rediculousness

The Tour is Back

Saturday, July 7


It's that time of year again. My parents are getting up at 5:30 am and flipping on the sports channel to watch the Tour de France. It's hard not to get caught up in the spectacle of it especially after years of Lance dominating, last year marred by allegations of drug abuse by Floyd and this year, a wide open field of riders.

I can't claim to be a long time tour fan but I have to say, it's easy to get caught up in the pain, glory and spectacle of it all. Just this morning I read that last years winner of the prologue, O'Grady, was flying halfway through the course when he clipped a barrier and went down. He got back up and finished the race, crossing the finish line with his clothes ripped and hanging off him. Still 10.13 Min to ride 7.9 km is pretty amazing especially after falling. The Tour has it all; pain, drugs, sportsmanship lacking from most other sports these days and days and days of it.

I'm too cheap to get the huge cable package so that I can actually watch the Tour but this year. I turned on the sports channel this morning with the hope that there might be a clip but nothing but football was on. Luckily the Tour partnered with YouTube and there's an official Tour de France 2007 YouTube page so hopefully I can still catch the highlights.
nicholas, 10:29 AM

3 Comments:

Hi Nicholas! I'm here as new Team member in International Blog of food.

I do follow Tour de France of course and since from Norway, I don't need to get up early in the morning to get it live on TV:-)

Btw: Do you know who won the prologue last year - and also the greet shirt - and was winning the last track up Champs-Elysees ? LoL
Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:20 PM  
Hey Renny.

I think O'Grady from the UK won the Prologue last year. That's what I read anyway. Not sure about the rest though... You're lucky you get to see it there! I'll have to think of a tour meal to put up on the foodblog I think.
Blogger nicholas, at 12:56 PM  
One year later and we're glued to OLN from 8-11pm, thanks to our 'cable package.' Yay!
Blogger Lightfooted, at 9:08 PM  

Add a comment